Well, we've had the 4th day of boot camp and I am still adjusting. I am not having any success as yet in approaching people. I went to the mall and thought I would "work" the food court and then sit and put up a tent card that says, "JOIN ME, GO FROM $0 to $2,000 per month IN 60 DAYS. Maybe about 10% of the people at the mall were alone, all the rest were in groups and you could see from body language very focused in their endeavors. Well, my confidence did not rise to the occasion. I asked one man if I could speak with him for a few minutes and he said yes but didn't look at me at all. I asked if he knew of anyone that would like to make $2,000.00 in 60 days and he said no. So, I said OK, thank you and left. Then, I thought I would sit down and put up the tent card and see if that worked. Well, one gentleman came over, he was with the police. He asked me if I was soliciting, I smiled and said, "No, not at all. I am not asking anyone for money or to spend anything. I simply want to give those that need to make $2000.00 a month information on how to do that and if they are interested I will take them with me on my 60 day journey. Don't people in these economic times need information that can help them financially? I will give them an invitation to look at my website and then they can make their decision in the privacy of their home, by themselves or with their family. Don't YOU think people would be interested in information like this? I just need a way to get them the information." He said that if I approached people one on one they would ask me to stop, but that he understood people might want this information, that he would probably look at something like this if he were not on duty and that he would not stop me from just sitting here, but someone else might. I smiled, thanked him, and gave him an invitation to my website. He was on duty so he wouldn't give me his name/em & phone #. That's ok because he has the information and he can act on it if he wants. I sat there for another hour and then left, the tent card didn't work. I was discouraged and frustrated, feeling that I had to find another way to do this business.
I went home and went to the computer and read the first 5 blogs of Team Boot Camp. I am so impressed how people remain upbeat and have such a good attitude! But, I also feel inadequate. Then I read Ed Brooks blog. He was having the same trouble I have been experiencing. Then I read the comments on his blog and the one from him Mom, Joann, was wonderful. Ed, I took her comments to heart, printed them so I could read them when I became disheartened and I am going out again today. Please thank her for me.
I realized in analyzing the attitudes and actions of the Team and listening to Ginny, the point is not really to go out with the purpose of meeting and talking to people. What I need to do is go out with my own purpose and be open and prepared to interacting with others. If I am not going out to buy something, then I need to schedule something: an appointment with the Executive Director of one of several nonprofits, go out and do Meals on Wheels, volunteer at the food bank, go to the Unemployment Department and be open and approachable. Well, new game plan, new day. Donna
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment