Well, I forgot to blog last night but I have been out and about and open to talking with people. I am very committed to this business and have decided to change my approach. Just walking up to people in a mall or public arena is difficult for me. When I was doing the Mary Kay business that is the primary approach they wanted me to persue and I had difficulty doing it then as well. So, another approach is the business partnership.
I am going to redirect my nonprofit mall from TWCCTW to the Loaves & Fishes Center or the Oregon Food Bank. So many of the BC Team had the idea for using them as their gifting center and I like that lead, so I will do that as well. Since this is my family's nonprofit center I want to put in the nonprofit they like. I will talk to both this week. This is a great IDEA!! and I am very excited about doing something to improve our community's financial situation.
Yesterday, I spoke with a lady that indicated she thought this was a pyramid. We discussed what a pyramid was and how different MPM was from the multi-levels of the world. I told her about the win/win this organization offers and the support to nonprofits we give. She asked how and why the stores on the mall give rebates when they have their own website and people can buy on those and they don't have to pay out anything. I told her that it was a way to get people to shop on their websites and that MPM is growing with more and more people participating they are increasing the buying by giving us the rebate. I explained the AmEx Gift Card to her and she gave me her information and said that her daughter is the one to shop online. So, when I followed up, I sent her an email and discussed the mlm again, emphasising Ginny's experience and the concept of win/win and changing the world, and told her she can forward this email and link to her daughter if she wanted to get her input. I called her and there was no answer and no way to leave a message.
I spoke with my mechanic today about the MPM opportunity and he referred me to his wife, so I will speak with her today. He did not have her email address but will be in the office today for a short while. On Sunday I approached 5 people in Grocery Outlet and 2 people gave me their information. I sent emails to each and called them both. Neither answered so I left a message for 1 and the other didn't have a machine.
I know that I am not building as fast or as successfully as the BC Team, but I am not letting that direct me away from my commitment. This is the job I have chosen. This is the business that will help me to fulfill my dreams! I will do build this business everyday. I am on the road to success and I may not be speeding but I will be successful. I will persist and I will SUCCEED!!!! I might not find it comfortable to walk up to people in the mall but I can talk to people in other venues and I WILL!
My target this week is to contact businesses that support Loaves and Fishes with money and with people from their organization volunteering. I will make appointments with the corporate philanthropy organizer and I will present this progam to them. Prayers are always welcomed.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment